Wednesday, February 11, 2015

And the phoenix rises…. Back from the ashes….

[Disclaimer : I am supremely bored, prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion". So every single line that I have penned down is merely my opinion. P.S. These opinions are not my own, I am a victim of media manipulation…. :P]

A one man army, caused Congress to retire on duck, brought up a political upheaval and broomed the MODI wave to dust, romped the Delhi Elections with such big numbers that I bet most of the exit poll analysts must be resigning quietly… But was Delhi mandate the victory of Mr.Kejriwal? I am honestly not a supporter of Kejriwal, nor this post in any way is an attempt to nullify his victory. This post is just a sheer attempt to portray my understanding as how this underdog rose to be the pope of “DILLI”…  

­Abki Bar….. Modi Sarkar
When Modiji told us after his thumping victory – “Acche din ayenge”. It was kinda overwhelming reminding me of my childhood days. Every time I used to lose a tooth, my mom used to say – “Tooth fairy will come”. I used to carefully treasure every single tooth in my pencil box, plant it in soil and water it every single day, hoping my tooth fairy will give me a Tooth Tree. But tooth fairy never came nor did the “Achhe Din”. As I grew up slowly my faith in tooth fairy started to fade away. (Too many F words Eh..). So I guess the same happened to BJP. . I do understand that the task of reforming India is herculean and onerous, but you have to make an honest attempt at it Mr. Modi. Cause the Delhi mandate is a clear sign that people are losing faith in you. You might have majority now, but if “Acche din” don’t come for real, then the day is not far away when you will fade away, just like the Tooth Fairy did, under the power bestowed to us… the power to elect, the power to cast our opinion, the power to VOTE.

5 Sal.. Kejriwal…
Delhi elections have resulted in #AAP trending everywhere. The muffler clad guy has swept away all the votes. But Mr. Kejriwal you have to understand here that by giving you a second chance people are re-instating their faith in you. People are hoping that you will be providing a Capital to us where a girl feels safe to walk down a lane even at 10 pm, a Capital where a common man gets the opportunity to earn his own bread and live a respectful life, a Capital where we can get official work done without giving bribe and above all make Delhi the pride of India by bringing it back to glory. You have promised us to make it a high tech city and I sincerely hope that you accomplish it (fingers crossed). So you can’t lay back and relax thinking that you have 43800 hrs in hand to act. Instead you have to act upon every single promise that you have made to us. Because remember whenever anyone takes us for granted, we have shown them the mirror, the power of a common man. We forced Rahul Gandhi to start re-considering his career choices in 2014 elections. And again we proved the same by reducing BJP to single digit. But the question still remains the same - Will you learn?

Will we learn? 


Start typing and press Enter to search