Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bounties of "JOY"

NAIVE I was,
When you took my hand in yours and made those seven promises.
FRIGHTFUL I was,
When I had to join you and stay in those unknown premises.

HESITANT I was,
When I imagined the entirety of my life in your company.
BEWILDERED I was,
As the questions brooding in my head were so many.

DOGMATIC I was,
Cause I thought your lifestyle and ideologies were different.
ADAMANT I was,
As I could never accept I was wrong, the idea itself was deterrent.

BUT....

PERSISTENT you were,
As you tried each day to show how much you cared.
AFFECTIONATE you were,
Forgiving every mistake of mine, as deep down you knew, I was scared.

PLACID you were,
Unmoved by any obstacle that came in our way.
SINCERE you were,
With your feelings that made me love you more each passing day.

SELFLESS you were,
As you always thought of me before "you".
RESPLENDENT you were,
Enthralling me and catching my eye every now and then anew.

SO......

APPREHENSIVE I am,
Thinking about "us",  our future and life ahead of us together.
ELATED I am,
Thinking that I will spend my life in your arms forever.

EXCITED I am,
About every journey that we will be taking, be it big or small.
UNDAUNTED I am,
Coz if life throws us lemons, we can make lemonade after all


P.S. Thank you "YOU" for giving me the bounties of joy in my life and there you go New Year Resolution... You are beaten to dust... :)

Shanta said...

Nicely framed :) Beautiful poem didi.

Unknown said...

Nice one :):P
Stay blessed.

Unknown said...

@Deepak @Shanta.... Thank You so much guys... :)

Unknown said...

Nice.. :)

B. Kamna Will said...

Indeed beautifully portrayed. The adjectives you have used allow a subtle peek into your life. Good going !

Unknown said...

@Sanjay... @Kamna.... Thank u guys

diamond said...

Very beautiful lines...:)

Unknown said...

@Diamond....... Thanks a lot... :)

Start typing and press Enter to search