Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stuck in the WEB.........


Ever seen a spider web???

Well I have seen them since I was a kid. I always used to marvel such an intricate connectivity. The way these webs shimmered with every ray of sunlight hitting them, couldn't help me from pondering - “What if the whole world was just like a beautiful web? Everyone interconnected with the other?

And just then you entered my life like a messiah turning my every dream into a reality.

I sincerely admire the way you beautifully crafted a web around me (Yes, sarcasm is intended here). A web of friendship oozing out trust, honesty and faith. You allured me to like it, bond with it and live it and the hell I did, with a notion that there was no relation as beautiful and strong as ours. But what did I get in the end? Never did I realise that the spider never builds a web to please anybody. It builds it to kill – yes, kill the innocent preys who don't even know that they are ultimately gonna die...entangled... breathless... with not even a drop of mercy from the side of the silent killer.

So even though I have tried hard to distance myself from you, I am still stuck in the web... motionless...happiness deprived. The more I am trying to get out of it, the more I am getting entangled and yes its killing me. Its slowly taking my breath away. New beginning, new life, new friends...... they used to excite me like anything. But now with time it has come to a passe. Well don't think that I am gonna change the "used to" in hodiernal future, because whatever relentless outburst, I am pouring in here, isn't the accumulatory effect of a day or two but spans over timelines.

I have heard people saying that with time every wound is healed, then why every time I feel like I have covered my wounds with a crust of happiness, my bare soul is punctured with thorns of past. I try to pretend like it never happened, but it still galres at me, haunts me, like a dementor, consuming every single bit of happiness that I desire. Every single string of the web is cutting deep into me. Not that I am denying that I don't deserve the pain, cauz I don't deny my prejudice as well, but now that I have suffered long enough.... Don't you think its time to let me go?


Piyush said...

@Nik
I can clearly understand what you are going through. But try to get over it all. Life moves on and you will too. Infact you have to because the one who has made you suffer is not going to even read this post and feel sorry. Miss you a lot.

Unknown said...

@Piyu....... well thanks for understanding yaar. Have given the link in FB. Hope that helps. Not gonna tag this tym...... :P

Shweta said...

@NIK:
Don't think too much..4get wat hurt u in the past...bt never 4get it taught u..If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart...n enjoy d lyf..as u always do :)

Unknown said...

@Shweta......
What you said is cent percent right. But all my attempts are going in vain yaar. The moment I am trying to forget all and become "me" I am being dragged into the same black-hole again and again. Just feels lucky to have ur support.. :)

Anonymous said...

past wounds leave their scars some way or the other but its important to get on with our life.... not just for ourselves but for our loved ones too, who selflessly care for us.
cherish all the memories from the past, live for the present and think of the bright future that waits just round the corner :-)
n do remember TO ERR IS HUMAN
:-P

Unknown said...

@Anonymous.....
Well "To Err is Human" but to wrong someone again and again... ? Any quotes for that??
I appreciate your thoughts totally and thats what I am doing... trying to move on...everytime

sridhar said...

loved your line "Never did I realise that the spider never builds a web to please anybody. It builds it to kill", true to its last word. well I too agree that with time wounds heal but they leave behind a dark scar. It's the scar that hurts and not the wound... smtyms we wish that life would have been better if the "messiah" were not entered in our life... but u never know what life has in stake

Unknown said...

@Sridhar........
Thanks for ur appreciation..... :)

B. Kamna Will said...

Who did this to u ? .. Give me a name nd he/ she is a dead meat .. :-D .. M serious .. Sach mein .. As for ur writing its too gud.. I wish i cud borrow ur ink :-).. Bas aur ek baat "keep ur head up .. Fake a smile nd move on "

Priyam said...

Absolutely well written.....n hey...m not judging....but there's always another choice..n it's high time u made that other choice..u know what i mean..don't u??

Unknown said...

@Priyam......
thanks for the good words.
but u knw well how gud I am at making choices.

@Kamna....... thnkz dear. Chalo accha hai, now i have a supari killer... :P

Rohit Singh Jain said...

Tough nut to crack...nicely written..

Unknown said...

@Rohit..... ty :)

Start typing and press Enter to search