Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The transition............

There was a time

when everything in life used to rhyme...

But now it’s just a book with plain dry prose, sealed in a vacuum chamber, which if you attempt to turn the pages of, will wither in seconds. Truly speaking life has become so static that has come to a standstill, and I feel like seeing a frozen frame over and over again. The niche that I had carved for myself is shrinking so fast that I feel like it will eat up my existence. So when I look back and reflect I feel like I shouldn't have grown up at all. Then my life would have been simpler. As simple as the sum of 2 and 2. Then I wouldn't have learnt how to lie, pretend and be a hypocrite. (Don't smile as you are reading coz you are one too).

We all have gotten so busy with our lives (or at least pretend to be :P) that we don't have time to lean back, relax and go easy. Earlier life meant fun, partying, late night movie rallies, bunking classes and all. Any birthday meant loads of fun, cooking, card making, outing and what not. But now they have been replaced by a stupid archies or e-card and a phone call. Hanging-out has been replaced by the LIKE button in FB. We have ATM cards instead or "card" now but still they lure me as they used to do before. "FRIENDS" concept is gone and what now we have are project-mates and co-project-mates and God knows what other fancy term. Days are gone when I gladly used to bunk classes and now that I have to attend hour long sessions at a stretch, I seriously curse myself for not having a hang of it from my college days.

While I am writing this post, I am having an urge to pour in everything and curse this new phase that has arrived in my life. Not only it has surrounded me with intricacies and a complicated maze to solve all alone, but has also grounded me. All I want to do now is go back in past and relive each and every moment again. Relish every tiny bit of happiness and loads of freedom that we had. Revert back all my actions that have severed my ties with many, things that have hurt others. It's not that the sayings or actions were done deliberately, but the veil of ignorance was so thick that every action of mine had an equal and opposite reaction, rather an amplified version I could say (Hate you Newton, where have thy laws gone?). All I want to do is to thank all my friends who have stood by me and I know they would in the days to come... Coz although the distance has grown, the wall has thickened, but the bond that we have shared has grown stronger than before.

P.S. Dedicated to all my moron (scratch that) friends.

@rindam said...

its gr8 to see u in action in a long long tym....at one point of tym I thought if u wer alive, happy to know that u still manage to thrive in the work load....i understand all the thoughts coming to your mind while u were riting this and there cant be a more honest confession than this...

all i wanna say is that i guess all ur friends understand ur situation.... and as far as i am concerned...my usual dialogue "i understand...its gonna be fine" :)

John Melvin said...

Yeah yeah alright... Had experienced these same feelings 5 yrs back... Don't worry the veil will soon lift n u ll come out of your college hangover :D... Btw your writing is gr8 :) ..

spriha said...

hey.... i miss those days too
kya masti karte the yaar !!
but don't worry...give some time.. flowers will blossom again...!!! ;-)

n grt write-up by the way :-)

Unknown said...

@Arindam........
I knew u will get me no matter what... And I guess u probably know the reason for staying aloof for so long...Hope you are happy in ur lyf...

Anonymous said...

@Niharika......

Glad to know that you realize that you hav wronged peple. I thght u neva will. You think that u r doin gud to them but you are wrong. And the worst thing about this is u hurt urself the most in here. I guess I don't need to say more. Just know that I am with u just like ur shadow. Give a try detaching urselv from me. I bet u can't. Do give a try if u want to.

Unknown said...

@John Melvin......... thank you :)

Lets see how much time it takes... Bt the ties are pretty strong. Thats y i miss them a lot.Miss my benchmates roommates a lot here. Its an alien land here... :(

@Spriha........
Thanks dear... :)

@Anonymous........
Think whatevr you want to... (Don't care conditions applied...)

B. Kamna Will said...

i read it once .. and then twice and then thrice( i guess i need to stop now .. :D .. recundancy error) .. but seriously couldn't get enough of it...beautiful piece indeed...I can totally get what you might be feeling.. but remember one thing friendship is like vintage... :) .. ours being the best of its kind..
do write more often.. can always relate to it... kind of helps ppl out of the blues... :D

Unknown said...

@Kamna..... Ty

Yeah.... i still relish those moments... those advices, late night talks and above all the bamboo moments... :)(I know u must be smiling now)
These memories make our bond even stronger ... U know actually felt a lot lighter after shedding this piece out in the blog. Keep tuning in...
Cheers

Start typing and press Enter to search