Friday, March 18, 2011

Ooops....I am stuck in Looopsss

LOOP 1: DAILY ROUTINE

Stage 1: Utho!! Utho Niharika!! Nahin to pani daal dungi....

Stage 2: Group texting and application of maximum effort to get the classes off.

If successful GOTO Stage 3 else Stage 4

Stage 3: Dozz.... off or watch VD/Castle/Friends. NEXT

Stage 4: Rush to grab the last bench.

Number of iterations till date: 1099 days

But now while I am penning this down, it seems that this loop requires an EXIT statement. It may seem to be a simple keyword, but actually it’s like the end of an era for me.

This era dates back to 31st July 2007, the memories of which, is still vivid in my mind. The curiosity to scan every new face, the very new conversations, new room, new roomie, in short: a world with everything new in it, gave not only adrenaline rushes and goose-bumps, but also ample opportunity for stupid-acts as well.

Before coming to this college, I had imagined an entirely different portrait of this place... Deadly seniors, Orthodox professors, Strikes, Ragging and all. But when I came here, I felt as if I had landed on some alien planet-a muddy shitty planet! But in just four years, this alien planet has become my second home. Every classroom, every corridor, the canteen and the roads that have watched us grow, bond and prosper are not just mere spectators; instead, those are pillars of the giant castle of togetherness that we have built in a span of 8 semesters.

Every moment, every memory of this place has been unique. My friends have played a great role in boosting my enthusiasm to sharpen my culinary skills, which as for now is limited to Maggie though! Sharing a single biscuit with four, preparing Maggie at 2 o’clock in the morning, night long movie marathons with everyone fighting for every inch of space to sit and not to forget the b’day celebrations!

LOOP 2: SEMESTER ROUTINE

Stage 1: Collect books from library and WAIT UNTIL exam comes.

Stage 2: IF mid-sem THEN ask friends who have solved the tut-sheet. END IF

Stage 3: DO assignments on dead-lines

Stage 4: IF end-sem THEN turn insomniac! END IF

No of iterations: 7 completed...1 to go.

When I look back toward my very first class, I can only remember someone whispering about cylindrical and circular co-ordinates, gradients and all. I was so horrified that I couldn’t even listen! Everything sounded like crass cacophony to me. That first day was really long... For the first time, I had to work with a saw, a file and a sandpaper! Thanks to my lab-mate Shashank, I escaped with only 10% of the raw-work!!! Eventually I have gone on to work with paint-brushes, 220V supply lines, silicon chips, microprocessors, cell phones, TV sets, satellite antennas and so on... And every time, I have made new excuses to escape with minimal effort!

Towards the end of every semester, all the fun-masti, cheer- groan, drama -despair of college life gets overshadowed with tut-sheets, lab journals and assignments. The entire hostel turns into a ‘pathshala’ during the sem-exams. But just like after every night there comes morning, after every semester we let things go. Again the loop repeats!

There is always a ‘first-time’... And there is always a ‘last-time’...Now knowing that the loop could repeat itself just a few times, I want to make each cycle count... I am even more curious to scan every friendly face one last time; I am even more willing to have one more conversation; I am even more eager to walk across the corridors to feel the adrenaline I felt the first time; I am even more kiddish to act stupid to give my friends unforgettable memories before they are long gone...

... Soon my indentity is going to be lost as some employee number XXXX5545... And everything will be faded into blurred memories... I am really gonna miss these days...

I wish the loop never stops...

Hemanshu said...

well... its a end of a module... nd a new module will soon begin... :)

Unknown said...

@HD.......... well bt what if the new module is gruesome and aweful 2 face... Nywayz kinda like my old module.... :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Lines.. It's good to see that you still write!!
Awesome Lines in First loop

Unknown said...

@Devesh.............
Hey thanks... :)
How are u???

rohit said...

nicely summed the whole college life in few good lines......

Unknown said...

@Rohit........ thankz.... :)

Start typing and press Enter to search