Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Unfinished Stuff....

When I spotted Namesake for the first time at a shop... I beamed-"Wow, I will be finishing it within a week. I bet”. But the week turned into month and now about a year but still I am stuck with it....Gogol changed his name to Nikhil. But was still called Gogol. Nikhil still wondering about his name and existence.....and story is still inside the book. Well I dunno who will be the one to recognize his real existence, Gogol or Nikhil. But when Gogol=Nikhil such a question doesn't matter I guess (Note: here = is really equal to, not an assignment operator).

Then the Monk who sold his Ferrari...Oh goodness why I choose to read this book I still don't understand. Actually what happens is whenever I listen to people praising about a creation I jump into the act of reading it and end up somewhere. Somewhere's x and y co-ordinates can't be defined though . I started this book in a real good mood. I tried hard to get into the story but when the lawyer gives up his job and wealth and goes to the Himalayas for attaining what is called- 'peace of mind' I really wonder has he himself got a "piece" of mind at least. Well I am a student studying engineering with one aim-A job and this book tried to teach me the opposite. So as usual it got dumped.....

There is another interesting one - "The Appeal". I got an e-book of it. So imagine how much less lucrative its calling were. Still I tried to stick to it coz people said it was a great book, topped the charts and blah, blah, blah. Well after the first case-verdict was over, I took it as a happy ending and Alt+F4. And the e-book was never re-opened. Still it must be lying somewhere inside some Folder.

But still I believe that one day I will go through all these literatures. May be I guess I need a more mature and patient mind. Well these books may have fetched bookers or international recognition BUT (Well behind every-nice covering there is a BUT. Courtesy How I Met Your Mother....[:)])....I guess they failed to touch my mind. Well may be I guess my tastes are a bit awkward but not partial....So Someday I will......(Go through them...Yeah for sure)

Vibhore Gupta said...

all da best..
lolz!!!

sumanth jain said...

u know my father dumps all such type of books to me and tells me that these r goog without reading them and i realley get bored sometimes
i think we should scan all boooks read them only when they appeal something to us

sumanth jain said...

to complete namesake was a big challenge 4 me too

Unknown said...

yeah........... seriously there sud be a device or something that will tell us whether it will appeal us or nt.

abt namesake.....
I guess i will do it this summer. i have reached 3/4th of the book :)

Unknown said...

best of luck ,dear...just complete it and thanks 4r the info,so i m goin to touch namesake..

Unknown said...

@Arti
Oh thankz
Well i will bring the copy 4 u all. Waise I gave it to Kamna and she finished it in no time. Hope i will as well..... :)

Niharika said...

hey that name sake stuff....is it really too emotional kinda??...kamna was all in tears after reading it...
I really really wanted to read the book as my aunt suggested it long bak and i couldnt get my hands on the buk and finaly wen I got it(urs)..i thought it wuld be better not to read it...no tears plz!!..
i have been wondering if its really dat rona dhona kinda buk??

Niharika said...

I havent seen d movie either...i prefer watchin the movie once i m thru the book...so ne suggtions ne1 hu has read it?

Unknown said...

@Niharika
Well actually i am now about to end it. I guess the final melodrama is yet to begin. I mean yeah its interesting. Depicts the random thoughts of a young guy living abroad who feels shy abt his parents as they stick to their roots(India). Likes to enjoy western lyfstyle but i guess soon he is gonna realise that.....
So u can read it
Not that much rona dhona i think....
I guess rona dhona abhi tak shayad aya nai hai ya phr i m a bit Cranky n emotionless :)
So

Niharika said...

k then i guess i can give it a try...and the monk..I think the stuffs in that book arnt very practical...not for us at least coz we havnt yet experienced that so called-'Pain' he mentions in the book...it could be of some use later if at all...so it aint ur fault.. :)
m sure u always finish up the good buks.. u did mention a few of them to me .. all d best with the rest of the buks u decide to read.. :)

Unknown said...

@Niharika
Hey finally i finished reading Namesake....
Well i think the ending could have been better. I mean the author cud have shown the realisation dawning on Gogol abt the importance of his name, how and why his father gave him that name....Well study it.U wont cry.......... :)
And about that....The Monk..... Well actually the stuff is a bit u knw, for people i guess who have lived their portion of life...
Yeah i fully agree...The Pain.We havent faced it yet...So may be the book can be of help later on. I mean seriously LATER on ............:)

Currently going through The making of Barak Obama.....Will tell u soon abt it....... :)

Unknown said...

@PERSONAL RULES: WHEN TO DROP A BOOK......

Once u feel the book is goin off the track estimate some no of pages b4 which u will not give up. Sumthin lyk 10%of total pages. Read at least that much and give up when u dont get it. So the talisman is- "Whenever a book goes too much for your and you r in doubt, then recall the last page you were into, out of ur curiosity and ask yourself how much tim has passed since that page. If its sumthin lyk 2 days, ur doubt will melt away.

Copyright material.Courtesy AbK @BIT

hbk_abhi said...

i like wat u write !! :P

Vibhore Gupta said...

funny thing...
i bought namesake.. after reading this post nd finished it within a week... :P:P:P

it took a week coz it became really boring just wen moushmi arrived...
i felt like.. jhumpa didnt have ny idea hw to end the book.. i mean wat ws the need of moushmi betraying gogol.. it dint make any sense....
nyways... who cares... :P:P:P:P:P

Vibhore Gupta said...

thrs 1 mr thing.. ur link to orkut is orkut.com.com... check tht out ... :):)

Niharika said...

Well hats off u. I think i finished the book in 7 months.... A 1:30 ratio...Well the ending was absurd indeed and narrative from Gogo to his mother was jumpy in the end bt still Namesake rules...
:)

Anonymous said...

I PRAY THAT THE DAY WILL COME SOON ....
:)

ankur said...

well written...keep writing

Unknown said...

@Ankur
Thankz

gopal jee pandey said...

great to see someone writing from heart.Niharika bol is what is my suggestion this blog should be renamed.
:)

Unknown said...

@Gopal....... thanks for ur appreciation... :)
Why do u want a change in blog name???
Any reasons? Any suggestions?

gopal jee pandey said...

@reason is :"niharika bol is a more informal welcome to bloggers and will strike a chord with mass"
@suggestion i have already given.

By the way i am an enginner too.Check out my blog if you can,
http://gopaljeepandey.blogspot.com/

pls do comment and if you can, provide some suggestions for it's betterment.

Wish you luck for your blog.

Start typing and press Enter to search