Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A VERSION OF ME DURING EXAMS ...


The thousand feelings that you have in an exam hall and the myriad emotions; they cannot be penned in few words. I always had the notion that life and exam room dilemma is highly correlated. Sometimes I get neurotic and sometimes I feel humbled, angry, and disappointed all at the same time within a span of 2-3 hours. The same happens in LIFE. I feel LIFE is just another paper getting played at a slowed down mode. So I just thought maybe, I can pen a few of my thoughts down, though not all.  



I had said my prayers and I had counted my blessings,
As every paper is a behemothian trilogy, like Lord of the rings.
Every second was precious like a mine of Gold,
Make every moment count, is what I have been told.

So I take my ammunition out, my humble pen and pencil,
Recalling every formula in vain, trying to liven-up my dead and dying skill.
Every question is a fight, a monster I badly want to defeat,
Some easy to beat, quite a few in all enormity make me retreat.

I scratch and curse, sometimes I just resort to bluffing,
But somehow it never helps, they know it all, who am I deceiving.
Sometimes I am disappointed and my heart just breaks,
But one cursory look at the ticking clock is all it takes.

So I dust myself up, shrug the fear and hold my baton,
Coz next day is a new fight, I need to muster courage and run.
I hustle hard, I try, sometimes I win and sometimes I fail,
But hey I am a big girl, I have bread and butter, no I can't wail.

Every result is a foghorn asking for a new reckoning,
You should know every day is a fresh slate, ready for a larky beginning.
No one is going to fight your battles, let alone defend,
You came alone here, and alone you will walk till the end.

There is no Dijkstra, no shortcut, no shortest path given in life.
Learn from your mistakes and push every single day to strive.
Enjoy the little things, every moment, every single breeze,
You write your own fate, you are the solo guy standing on the crease.

Life is like an exam; make it your daily routine,
You go, girl, you conquer it and be the reigning queen.


P.S. So I am going to hustle even harder from next time... :) At least I will say so for the sake of writing my poem
Bandy said...

Beautifully written

Bandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DulcetGirl said...

@bandy bond.... Thanks girl 😊

Unknown said...

Good one Niharika. Thats how all of us feel

Joseph vikas said...

Very nice ...

DulcetGirl said...

Thank you sir !!! @Pawan Sharma

Unknown said...

Well @Niharika , life’s exams are not as daunting, when you have friends who can empathize with you .. 🙂🙂

DulcetGirl said...

@sanjay.... So true. And thanks for being such a friend. Forever grateful...

Yucky907 said...

Great Inspiration for me.... Kuddos to @Niharika di... I have been following you from webnovel... You are one of best author I have seen in my life... lots of love dii... Hope I can be a next niharikabol in my future life♥️♥️....

Start typing and press Enter to search