Friday, January 2, 2009

TEARS OF JOY.......................

Satisfaction.....A term which once I thought should not be in my bouquet (Satisfaction can never let u proceed - Anonymous) has today made me realize that it is such a sweet feeling that can force u to smile with tears in your eyes...

Today in the morning I went to the nearby Expressions shop with papa to get my gift. I was in jolly mood thinking about nothing but only gifts and chocolates all the way. I was looking at some cards and then suddenly my attention was caught by a tiny girl. A girl in rags, watching greedily at the sweets in the next shop. That sight gave me a terrible jerk, yes it was terrible coz I was not able to dam my eye liquid. I don’t know what pulled me so much towards her...seriously I don’t know. I went to the sweet shop and gave her some sweets. When I handed it to her, I only said” For u on New Year" I don’t know whether she cud hear that or not, coz I was nearly chocking. But all I saw were two sparkling eyes-like beautiful marbles, expressing their gratitude and joy to me. She ate it with so much delight that I can't express it in words.

The more I saw her, the more turbulent my questions grew. Even if I have a packet of Celebration or Lindt tarte, I am never satified. How cum that little girl be so contented as if she had devoured on the greatest delight? SATISFACTION. Yes satisfaction was the thing that made her feel the greatest joy of the world. We always carve for material possessions .Even if I have a 3110 I carve for a N series. What we forget is that, happiness can never be measured by money or possessions. Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient – (Aristotle). It can only be felt.

After few seconds I was heading towards my home smiling, but with tears in my eyes. Words of Samuel Johnson were ringing in my ears - He that hopes to look back hereafter with satisfaction upon past years must learn to know the present value of single minutes, and endeavor to let no particle of time fall useless to the ground. I promised myself to cherish every moment of life, feel the small packets of love and beauty and be happy with what I have. I guess I had my New Year Gift….

Anonymous said...

Your CSS appears to be-damaged...

Anonymous said...

luk m nt saying dat wat u've done was wrong....but u fed dat grl fr single time ...fr ur instantaneous satisfaction it is ok ...plz go to that place again there will be another grl in same situation luking exactly in the same way towards u.....n ur satisfaction will be " " in few seconds. :)
u cant satisfy them all..
they have to work to fulfill their basic needs if u really want to be satisfied help her for being educated or provide her some job if she is above 14 :)

Start typing and press Enter to search